Digital Technology Consultant - Banking
- 4 - 12 years' work experience in a technology environment within Banking & Financial Services, either from the industry or consultancy
- Master's degree, ideally in engineering, science or another technical or business related field
- Excellent technical understanding of key areas of Banking and the technologies transforming them (e.g., IT transformation, Core Banking Systems and Banking IT and data architecture, Enterprise IT Management, Cloud, multichannel banking, KYC technologies, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, Agile and DevOps, robotics process automation and cognitive intelligence)
- Extensive project experience and a deep understanding of the interface between business and IT in banking
- Experience in commercial or retail banking; Fintech experience is also a plus
- Project management experience with a transformation focus
- Combination of strategic and analytical insights with a clear passion for both IT and business in banking
- Excellent track-record of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Proven experience of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Work proficiency in Dutch and English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work as part of our Digital McKinsey team in Amsterdam.
Digital McKinsey helps enterprises think strategically about how to leverage technology to create fundamental business change – from formulating tech-driven growth strategies to enabling more efficient operations through the use of technology. In a world where digital is the new standard, executives are increasingly looking for sharp advice on technology. With a team of 2,100 experts and consultants across 60 countries, Digital McKinsey works on key technology topics including big data, agile, cloud, cybersecurity, analytics and digital transformation. We serve a range of companies, from start-ups to global Fortune 100 firms, and have delivered 15,000+ digital and technology engagements at 2,000+ clients.
You'll work with C-suite executives and senior managers from banks and financial services, problem-solve on their key issues and provide actionable recommendations leveraging your technology know-how and business sense.
What You'll Do
You'll be advising top management of leading financial services institutions world-wide on strategic and operational issues, ranging from digitizing the business models of banks and overseeing their digital transformation to modernization of banks' IT and leveraging data and analytics to drive better customer experience and lower cost, as well as mitigating risks.
You'll work as part of a diverse team with colleagues and clients, and your experience means that you will assume a leading role in the project teams in the short to medium term. You will also play a key role in our internal initiatives to expand our expertise and developing our knowledge management.
You'll play an active role in all aspects of a client project, typically working in teams of 3 to 5 consultants alongside experts and partners of all tenures.
You'll have the opportunity to further develop your technical expertise while also influencing strategic decisions and bringing change to the world's top banks. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their team.
You can read more about our work here http://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/digital-mckinsey/how-we-help-clients
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top