Digital Product Specialist - Digital Small Commercial Insurance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading agile projects as a product owner and/or scrum master
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Agile experience
- Experience as both a team member and coach in the agile product owner and / or scrum master roles
- Experience with building enterprise grade products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, etc.)
- Proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating / 'grooming' product backlogs, writing user stories and developing acceptance criteria
- Relentless prioritization and alignment with business and IT stakeholders to ensure highest value capture
- Excellent project management experience that has successfully planned 2-3 steps ahead of the team and surfaced hidden risks 2-3 levels deep within the team
Who You'll Work With
You'll drive product development and management processes within the Digital Small Commercial Insurance (DSCI) team and will be based in Chicago. DSCI is part of McKinsey's New Ventures and McKinsey Solutions.
DSCI is a fintech solution within McKinsey New Ventures that combines an end-to-end digital interface with machine learning analytics to transform the way carriers sell small commercial P&C policies, significantly accelerating growth. Our services ensure a tailored, and comprehensive solution enhanced by a long-term partnership with McKinsey.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will help to lead agile implementation and transformation projects at mid market insurance firms.
You will be a core member of the DSCI team with responsibilities that range from shaping strategic product designs to managing and transforming agile teams. Our consultants engage on some of the most challenging business problems facing our clients.
In each situation, our Agile Experts are typically at the center of the problem solving, advising our most senior clients on how to successful execute on their strategic vision using a world class agile approach.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top