Digital Payor Consultant - Healthcare Analytics, New Ventures
- Undergraduate degree; Master's degree, MBA, MHA preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in payor, health plan industry, that includes working on projects involving enrollment and billing, claims processing and adjudication, member/customer support, member care managements and wellness process
- Experience with digital consumer strategy for a large healthcare systems, including identification of high priority patient populations, testing feasibility of digital solutions and identifying integration considerations essential to success
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogs, particularly in health systems
- High level of entrepreneurship, professionalism and excitement to help build a start-up business in an ambiguous environment
- Able to provide leadership over and influence individuals and across a multiple stakeholders from different levels, backgrounds by tailoring approach
- Strong problem-solving skills and can quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply during change transformation efforts with clients
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and deliver accurate and high volume results on tight deadlines
- Experience in and appetite for analytics and quantitative/data analysis and ideally in the healthcare sector
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the week to a client site
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with the Digital Health Plan Domain within McKinsey Healthcare Analytics (MHA) in either Chicago, New York, Silicon Valley, or Washington, DC. Healthcare Analytics is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will help clients build capabilities in delivery and execution within their payments and risk adjustment areas, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
You will work directly with client leaders and front-line operators to drive change that is critical to successful realization of goals. As such, you will provide oversight, problem-solving support and practical industry expertise, frequently involving facilitating on-site workshops, individual and group coaching, and change management sessions.
From the start of a project, you will be on the ground ensuring that engagement success is a priority. We engage at a deep level across our clients' businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results are sustained. Our work is about problem solving, coaching, and delivering lasting outcomes.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top