Digital Marketing / Analytics Lead
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science, or related field or similar work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in marketing analytics and/or business intelligence, preferably in the domain of software applications as well as complex, large-scale information systems
- Data-driven mindset with an expertise in statistical methods, data sourcing and collection, quantitative research design as well as analytics tools for web-based products
- Extensive experience with Excel
- Knowledge regarding lean methodologies, software development and instrumentation, service operations and process redesign is an advantage.
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Python, Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics is a big plus
- Strong team orientation and collaborative by nature, and proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Efficient and flexible in approach, taking ownership and responsibility for work; proactively identifying and tackling opportunities or potential problems
- Outstanding communications and influencing skills with the ability to clearly communicate data, context, and implications to colleagues and senior stakeholders
Who You'll Work With
You will work in our Prague office as part of McKinsey's Digital Publishing & External Communications team. This group is responsible for designing, developing and implementing many of the Firm's externally-facing digital publishing and communications platforms. This includes managing products like McKinsey.com, our McKinsey Insights app, the Alumni site as well programs around Analytics, Test & Learn, and Audience Development (e.g., SEO, Email, Social).
You will work very closely with other data scientists in Prague as well as a team of product managers, editors, and designers in North America and a development team in India.
What You'll Do
You will oversee the analytics program for McKinsey's Digital Publishing & External Communications portfolio.
This includes tracking our performance across our digital channels (e.g., McKinsey.com, Insights app, SEO, Email, Social), innovating how we track, analyze and move to action based on the growing volume of data available to us, both internally and externally. You'll work across functions (e.g., Publishing, Communications, Editorial, Product, Design, Practices, Offices and Careers) to create a culture of data-driven decision making. Your work will form our content strategy, product features, and user experience across digital channels.
Our team is committed to lean, evidence-based product & content development, so this role is a critical function to help us generate valuable insights from our existing traffic in order to achieve our intended outcomes from the solutions we create & manage. You will analyze and interpret traffic to McKinsey.com and the McKinsey Insights app (mobile application publishing latest research and insights articles) to help guide strategic decision-making and inspire action around specific goals.
You will lead analytics for the Test & Learn, focused heavily on A/B testing new features, designs, and editorial concepts. You will produce lean, action-oriented reports for key stakeholders regarding their content (e.g., Editors, Careers, Practices, Offices). You will support the ongoing development of our keyword and content strategy for Search Engine Optimization, based on our performance in search results compared with competitors. You will represent the Analytics discipline within McKinsey Publishing & Communications and, when necessary, develop new analytics methods and train others.
You will manage vendors in the implementation of meaningful metrics and KPI's, and working with stakeholders to ensure analytics is embedded in development roadmaps and deployed consistently. You will work with current Analytics Team to create and develop dashboards currently used by over 200 firm stakeholders. You will continue to innovate our analytics offering (e.g., machine learning, new tools to measure content performance etc.).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top