Digital Banking Analyst - Panorama, McKinsey Solutions
- University degree in Economics, Finance or related field; Master degree preferred
- 0-2 years of experience in a banking, consulting or venture capital firm or closely related area; Payments expertise is an advantage
- Deep passion for innovation, startups and the financial technology
- Solid knowledge of banking markets and operations
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Aptitude to synthesize information from diverse sources and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Hungarian
- Experienced user of Excel; Tableau knowledge is a plus
- Ability to motivate colleagues towards professional excellence; team management experience is a plus
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, can work efficiently under pressure and keep tight deadlines
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Panorama team in Budapest. Panorama is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Panorama harnesses a blend of banking and financial data sources, including proprietary McKinsey data, to help clients identify opportunities, improve their financial planning, or benchmark their performance.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for collecting and synthesizing financial technology innovation information and key trends, mainly focusing on Payments solutions.
Your key focus will be to participate in financial technology and digital banking-related projects, including workshops and analytical studies for clients. You will be expected to contribute to knowledge building efforts on digital banking, financial technology and innovation related topics.
As part of a very successful global research group, you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge in utilizing McKinsey's Payment market sizing database. You will manage and coach junior colleagues in both the development of existing FinTech tools and dissemination to clients and other McKinsey teams. You will work closely with knowledge researchers specialized on Payments and other teams across McKinsey worldwide.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top