Design Researcher - LUNAR
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-6 years of experience overall and/or experience in a similar position
- Familiarity with qualitative research methods and curiosity about how quantitative research methods can integrate into the design research agenda
- Must have experience leading projects from start to finish (research planning to insights)
- Ability to make a recommendation on methodology, scope a project, draft a screener to recruit research participants, and conduct ethnographic observations and contextual interviews
- Experience managing research engagements in client-facing roles, particularly in the realm of physical products and services
- Curious and agile mind that easily makes connections between diverse industries and experiences
- Good feel for storytelling, strong presentation skills, and experience working collaboratively with designers
- Ability to lead through influence rather than chain of command
- Tolerance for ambiguity and openness to feedback from design, strategy, and other disciplines
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Singapore as part of LUNAR.
LUNAR, an award-winning design firm that has spent 30 years creating stand out product experiences, including everything from game controllers to genetic sequencers to ice cream scoops, for the world's leading brands. It is now part of McKinsey & Company.
This new partnership provides clients a full-spectrum offering that combines McKinsey's depth and impact in management consulting, business strategy and operations with LUNAR's unmatched capability in design, engineering, and insights.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for defining, leading, and executing qualitative research projects, and synthesizing learnings into actionable recommendations.
Design research provides the insights that inspire, inform, and validate design.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top