Design Lead (UX/UI) - Digital McKinsey
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent qualification) in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with an emphasis on UX
- 2+ years of industry experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
- Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, OmniGraffle, as well as good experience with MS Office
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision or Flinto
- Familiarity of Agile software development process is a plus
- Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Entrepreneurial, experimental and self-driven while also being collaborative, with a professional presence
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Fluent command of English language and French (both verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel to up to 90% to client sites
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our expanding Casablanca office as part of Digital McKinsey.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn. You will have exciting career prospects within an international company that is still considered a start-up, yet was created by a trusted advisor of some of the most influential organizations in the world.
What You'll Do
You will work on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs into products, services and environments.
You will be part of a blended cross-functional team and tackle all aspects of the design process. Moving from insights to ideas, you will creatively solve complex problems, threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable and thoughtful, solutions from concept to launch. In this role, you will need to apply conceptual thinking to create desirable and feasible digital solutions across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities. You'll utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria. You'll apply user centered design methodologies to ensure your ideas are based on customer needs, and you'll prepare research and testing, produce personas, map customer journeys, develop service blueprints, for complex products and services.
Additionally, you'll effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually. You'll use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc). You'll use your narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life, and you'll construct quick interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UX/UI design that present a realistic feel of the intended experience.
Further, you'll be expected to perform task analysis and define the User Interface Design through information architecture, wireframes and user flows and validate it through usability testing. You will lead usability testing sessions, consolidate findings and iteratively integrate them into design solutions.
You'll also participate in workshops, concept sprints and hackathons to inject design thinking tools and methodologies to produce tangible results in a rapid and iterative way. You'll work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented, and you'll communicate the product's vision to clients and customers.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top