Design Director - LUNAR
- 10+ years' experience. B.A. or B.S. Degree (or equivalent) in Design
- Broad experience in CPG, Consumer Electronics, Life Sciences. Experience in-house as well as with consultancies. International experience is a plus
- Advanced ideation capabilities, holistic view, and high-level of confidence and articulation of design approach and POV
- Strong aesthetic and storytelling skills
- Ability to elevate design competency through all capabilities (CPG, Life Sciences, I&S, UX and Engineering) and establish design directions that inspire and infuse projects with deeper meaning and authentic stories
- Ability to structure the team, ID processes, and tools
- Strong communication skills. Experience collaborating with Research/UX Designers, UI/UX Designers and Engineers and managing contractors and vendors
- Ability to mentor and inspire the growth of a highly motivated and passionate ID team
- Desire to play an active role in hiring new ID team members
- Unique ideation process and sketching style, exploration and/or validation mock-up
- Confidence in facilitating and organizing client strategy workshops and/or brainstorms
- Competency with CAD (SWX, Rhino OK) rendering packages, and Adobe CSProficient in 3D
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Chicago with LUNAR, an award-winning design firm.
LUNAR, an award-winning design firm that has spent 30 years creating stand out product experiences, including everything from game controllers to genetic sequencers toice cream scoops, for the world's leading brands. It is now part of McKinsey & Company, the global management consulting firm that helps shape the world's leading businesses. This new partnership provides clients a full-spectrum offering that combines McKinsey's depth and impact in management consulting, business strategy and operations with LUNAR's unmatched capability in design, engineering, development and design strategy.
What You'll Do
You will set, instill, and deliver a creative vision which leads to impact.
Partnering with the LUNAR leadership team, you will be an advocate of the LUNAR vision and brand and will help build and develop internally and externally. At LUNAR, you'll be responsible for engaging clients and projects with design values of beauty, ingenuity, and delight while delivering impact throughout key design output. You will lead the charge in evolving the role of design across physical, digital and experience. You will also help us embrace new ways to create collaborations and to deliver relevance and impact for a broad spectrum of sector clients.
You will work with other creative leaders to inspire our internal teams. You will ensure design quality on client engagements – providing art direction of vision and process in partnership with fellow Sr.leaders – and be responsible for strategically managing creative vision on multiple projects. You are known and seen as an influencer in the design community. You thrive at the front end of building design-led relationships with key clients, and are motivated by being a compelling and energetic advocate of the value of design. You are creative, passionate, and are unwilling to compromise your drive to create stunning and engaging designed experiences that make a difference to our clients, their brand, and their customers.
To Apply: Please use the "apply now" link to submit your resume and samples of your work that best demonstrate your skills and experience. Submit your portfolio electronically either by attaching a PDF enclosure or including a URL where it can be viewed. Please do not send CDs, hard copies or original materials, as we do not return samples.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top