Data Transformation And Architecture Expert
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Advanced graduate degree typically required (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.) in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or business degree with specialization in technology management, industrial engineering or similar
- 10-12+ years of hands-on experience in data architecture, data management, advanced analytics and operational reporting
- Extensive experience in innovative data architecture solutions (such as virtualized data environments, high-performance data processing platforms, application of Hadoop in the enterprise context)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in one of our offices in North America working with our Business Technology group.
Business Technology (BT) is a functional practice within McKinsey. It is comprised of nearly 800 McKinsey consultants globally who help clients think strategically about how to use technology to create fundamental business change – from formulating technology-driven growth strategies to enabling more efficient operations through the use of technology.
As a part of BT, you will work with clients in a wide range of sectors and industries. Some BT consultants work exclusively within BT while others mix their business-technology focus with broader consulting work (e.g., operations, organization, strategy, corporate finance, marketing and sales, etc.).
What You'll Do
You will be a thought leader in the process of data transformation for our clients, providing expertise to our colleagues and clients.
This will include generating the overall business and investment case, the prioritization of business requirements, developing a next-generation data architecture, creating innovative data governance options, and supporting implementation through pilots and project management support.
You will assess and gain insights into business, IT and BI/analytics functions of leading companies from a top management perspective across sectors. Your role as an expert practitioner will enable you to apply your expertise across industries and a variety of functions and have a significant impact on our clients.
Additionally, you'll develop full-time McKinsey team members and clients to be effective frontline coaches, build their problem-solving capability and help to refine their coaching approaches.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top