Data Specialist - Periscope
- 8+ years of relevant and professional work experience with a reputed analytics firm
- Bachelor's degree / Master's Degree / Diploma in IT with high rankings and from top / reputed colleges
- Background in sectors such as consumer products or banking is advantageous
- Strong Coding/development abilities in the field of data manipulation, data warehousing and ETL
- Expertise in tools and technologies such as SQL, SSIS, and Alteryx
- Good knowledge of Excel, VBA, and Macros and expert in SQL performance tuning
- Well versed in the concept of elimination of waste from process-flow and optimizing it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding of basic financial and business terminology
- Collaborative and able to motivate team members
- Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
- Comfortable with ambiguity; self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Able to work well within teams across continents/timezones
- Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
- Creative and action-oriented mindset
- Ability to travel abroad for working sessions and meetings with Service Management team
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with Periscope team in Gurgaon. Periscope is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures. Specifically, you'll work within the Data Services team primarily supporting the Insights & Analytics (IA) group of Periscope.
Periscope leverages decades of McKinsey's marketing and sales experience helping leading companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. Periscope's combination of software, tailored services, and expertise provides our clients with a granular view of their commercial and financial performance by gathering and integrating their landscape of data and information into a central data warehouse. Clients can use our intuitive interface to make decisions based on advanced analytics and can embed new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solution, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work within the Data Services team to perform data transformation, modeling and validation activities, as well as to configure applications to client context.
You'll closely collaborate with the Service Management team and might have to travel to the client if need be. You will also touch upon Data Extraction and Data Manipulation, i.e., take ownership in extracting data for the various projects and organizing the ETL developments. This would require an understanding of the business requirements and the ability to transform the requirements into technical specifications. You will design and drive the ETL development, you'll plan, organize and drive the development work and undertake complex analysis to accomplish the project objective. Developing ETL core modules and leading junior resources in the development of remaining ETL will also be part of your role.
You will work on existing sub-optimized processes to identify room for improvements, which means designing and driving the work plan for the optimization/automation and standardization of the processes incorporating best practices to achieve efficiency gains that will provide a sustainable set-up that can be supported on a long term. You will be expected to independently design presentations to summarize the result of analysis. You will have the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of the domain/function (across pricing, promotions, trade architecture and assortment) and manage the business process in the work area; along with developing cross-site relationships to enhance idea generation. You'll also define and manage partner expectations and you'll coach and mentor new hires by sharing your business, functional and technical expertise.
You will also be collaborating with the team in coding, testing and executing project requests, you'll support ongoing business processes by delivering high-quality end products on time and by performing quality checks wherever required.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top