- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in IT
- 5-8 years of experience in the field of business intelligence, IT development, ETL (Alteryx, Talend, Pentaho) and/or advanced analytics (Tableau, R, SAS)
- Master coding and development abilities in SQL, SSIS and other ETL tools
- Excellent knowledge of data mining, machine learning and statistical modeling
- Background in sectors such as consumer products, retail or banking is advantageous
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills in English; other languages are advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Understanding of basic financial and business terminology
- Creative and action-oriented mindset
- Ability to travel abroad for working sessions and meetings with Service Management team (typically on the same continent as their home office)
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Periscope team and will be based in Budapest, Hungary. Periscope is part of Mckinsey Solutions and McKinsey New Ventures.
Periscope leverages decades of McKinsey's marketing and sales experience helping leading companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. Periscope's combination of software, tailored services, and expertise provides our clients with a granular view of their commercial and financial performance by gathering and integrating their landscape of data and information into a central data warehouse. Clients can use our intuitive interface to make decisions based on advanced analytics and can embed new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will own the data extraction for various projects and manage ETL (extract, transform, and load) development.
You will be required to have an understanding of the business requirements and the ability to transform the requirements into technical specifications. You'll design and drive the ETL development which includes planning, organizing and driving development work by undertaking complex analysis to accomplish the project objective.
You'll develop ETL core modules and lead junior resources in the development of remaining ETL. You'll also lead the presentation of results and will be expected to independently design presentations to summarize the results. You'll have the opportunity to expand your business knowledge by developing a deep understanding of the domain and function across pricing, promotions, trade architecture, etc. You'll also develop cross-site relationships to enhance idea generation, manage partner expectations and coach and mentor new hires by sharing your expertise.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top