Data Scientist - Periscope
- Doctorate/Master's degree in economics, statistics or other quantitative sciences is preferred
- desired, including
- 10+ years of experience in the field of consulting, CPG or retail pricing or promotional management with experience in practical data analysis
- Experience with advanced analytics and statistical techniques such as multivariate regression / econometric modeling, particularly of promotional effectiveness and price elasticity.
- Experience with mixed modeling, classification and regression tree (CART/CHAID), and machine learning is a plus
- Advanced knowledge in statistical packages like SAS, R or Python
- Experience in managing a team of statistical analysts
- Comfortable with ambiguity; self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills that can be employed when partnering with client and other partners in order to build relationships and achieve goals
- Comfortable working with all levels of management, with ability to critically evaluate and communicate business issues/risks with conviction to client and partners
- Ability to think and act with a focus on the holistic needs of the client and influence others to do the same
- Analytical and strategic focus, with ability to drive exploration and draw conclusions from multiple data sources
- Highly proficient at problem-solving challenging business issues with client and McKinsey consultants
- Ability to juggle overlapping and frequent challenging commitment timelines and reprioritize as necessary in order to meet evolving business objectives
- Ability to display empathy and leadership with clients and colleagues
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Periscope team and will be based in Chicago, New Jersey, or Washington DC. Periscope is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Founded in 2007, Periscope™ by McKinsey enables better commercial decisions by uncovering actionable insights. The Periscope platform combines world leading intellectual property, prescriptive analytics, and cloud based tools to enable 25 solutions which focus on insights and marketing,expert support and training. It is a unique combination that drives revenue growth both now and in the future. Customer experience, performance, pricing, category, and sales optimization are powered by the Periscope platform. Periscope has a presence in 26 locations across 16 countries with a team of 350+ IT and business professionals and a network of 300+ experts. To learn more about how Periscope's solutions and experts are helping businesses continually drive better performance, visit hthttp://www.periscope-solutions.com/
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will set the project plan and will lead the team in shaping of the final client deliverable.
You will work with client representatives and McKinsey consultants in joint problem-solving sessions and facilitate the definition of project goals, tasks, and resource requirements. You'll recommend process improvements regarding how projects are scoped, built, tested and deployed.
Additionally, you'll accompany clients in their use of Periscope to sustainably drive high impact. This involves engaging with client sponsors on a regular basis to discuss how to drive user adoption, assist with questions they might have regarding the advanced analytic answers we provide them.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top