Data Scientist - Operations
- Advanced degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Quantitative social sciences or related field
- 3+ years of deep technical experience in predictive analytics, machine learning, optimization, and fluent in a number of the following technologies: R, Python, SQL, AWS, Tableau
- Proven track record in operations-oriented (supply chain, manufacturing, procurement, customer experience, etc.) analytical and methodological services
- Strong intrinsic problem-solving skills, ability to structure and solve problems and conduct and interpret analysis independently, with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
Who You'll Work WithYou'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in one of our Greater China offices. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
You will shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting and using that data in creative ways, and create new lines of thinking within an infinite number of clients and situations.
In your role you will create valuable, transformative business strategies through the measurement, manipulation, reporting and dissemination of broad sets of data. You will apply and advise on state-of-the-art advanced analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques in order to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decisions. You will review, support and advise on the day-to-day analytics requirements of clients' key operational processes while continually improving the impact of these processes.
Back to top