Data Scientist - McKinsey Analytics
- MSc or PhD degree in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics
- 2+ years of experience in statistical modelling and/or machine learning
- 2+ years of technical experience in predictive analytics, machine learning, optimization, and fluent in a number of the following technologies: R, Python, SQL, MATLAB, SAS, Java, Spark, Scala, AWS, Tableau
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Fluency in English together with fluency in either French or Dutch is mandatory
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Brussels or Antwerp and will be part of the McKinsey Analytics Northern Europe team.
McKinsey Analytics works together with clients to build analytics-driven organizations. We combine the latest techniques with deep industry, functional, and analytics expertise to help clients capture the most value from data.
What You'll Do
You will apply data science methods to improve and optimize our clients performance needs, capture meaningful insights and turn them into competitive advantages.
You will drive the creation of statistical models to solve specific operational problems. These problems may include: How can we predict equipment failure to do proactive maintenance for wind turbines? How can we use machine learning to predict consumer behavior? To solve these problems, you will have access to proprietary feature engineering AI and teams of experts.
At McKinsey you will not be a small piece of a big puzzle. You will be in the room, often with the senior management, working side by side with talented data scientists from leading client organizations both on technical issues and on making the change happen.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top