Data Scientist Intern - Advanced Analytics
- Currently earning a Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Quantitative Methods, Econometrics, Big Data, Physics or related
- Programming skills in at least one of following languages: R, Python
- Data preparation skills and working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of using Machine/Statistical Learning methods
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Working knowledge of visualizations tools, e.g. Tableau, MS Power BI, Shiny R package, or Big Data ecosystem, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, would be an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Advanced Analytics Hub at Warsaw office for ~10 weeks, usually during summer. You'll work as part of a client project team, collaborating with our data scientists, business consultants as well as clients' analysts to solve their toughest analytical problems.
When you join McKinsey as a Data Scientist Intern, you are joining the firm that will challenge your analytical working knowledge and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult analytical problems. You will also work with a range of experts in the firm, from data scientists to researchers to software and app designers.
What You'll Do
You will help shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting and using that data in creative ways, and create new lines of thinking within an infinite number of clients and situations.
You will drive insights generation based on descriptive, predictive & prescriptive analytics of Big Data. Together with our business translators, you will frame our clients' problems into machine learning and optimization models, that you will be designing, developing & implementing with other data scientists.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top