Data Scientist - Ingenuity, McKinsey Solutions
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Systems Engineering, or similar field required
- 2-5 years of Advanced Analytics experience
- Experience and familiarity doing multivariate predictive modeling and machine learning modeling
- Extensive experience in R and Python; experience in other languages is a plus
- Knowledgeable about the insurance industry; deep familiarity with the analytics or actuarial market landscape and corresponding information needs
- Very strong problem-solving skills, and quantitative / analytical thinking capabilities
- Independent self-management skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Languages: English; German, other European languages are a plus
- Travel requirements: 50% excluding commuting to Düsseldorf or Amsterdam
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Advanced Analytics in Insurance team in either Düsseldorf or Amsterdam. You will be part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
One of the McKinsey Solutions is Advanced Analytics in Insurance. With a concise library of ready to deploy use cases for advanced analytic applications along the entire value chain in Insurance, such as reducing fraud in underwriting, or reducing churn by predictive modelling, the solution has been very successful in the United States and is now being rolled out in Europe. We are looking for people to be part of this exciting journey of growth.
What You'll Do
You will be part of a team that builds state-of-the art Advanced Analytics models.
Around 80% of your time will be spent on client service delivery and 20% on solution and client development. To deliver the client service, you will lead the development of advanced analytics models including data collection, cleansing and treatment. You will generate and visualize insights from the modelling effort into client ready presentations and you will deploy models within the client's infrastructure. To support the solution and client development, you will contribute to product development and knowledge capture and you will help other consulting teams with best practices, tool selection and methodologies. Depending on your experience and the nature of the project, you may be partly or fully responsible for the delivery of the model.
In this role you will manage typically 2-3 clients and all auxiliary resources within McKinsey independently.
Back to top