Data Scientist- EMEA Advanced Analytics
- Experience and knowledge of modeling techniques in statistics, econometrics, and/or optimization
- Experience in mathematical software, databases, programming languages, and comfortable working with large data sets (R/SAS/Python/SQL or others)
- University degree with focus on quantitative methods/ econometrics/ statistics/ mathematics or related degree programs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to independently disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Prior experience in a multi-national environment (as an asset)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our EMEA Advanced Analytics group in Wroclaw, co-located with our Knowledge Center colleagues. As a member of this team, you'll work with McKinsey clients and consulting teams to carry out complex data analysis and modeling, creating a foundation for sound recommendations for client studies and internal projects.
What You'll Do
Leveraging your expertise in analysis and methodology, you'll take part in projects with our clients and consultants by creating complex mathematical and economic models.
You will develop prototypes in R, SAS, Python, SQL, Excel, conduct statistical analyses. You'll often be responsible for the entire analytical process — from task definition to the implementation and interpretation of results to the delivery to the client.
You'll collaborate with McKinsey consultants and with clients, discussing the results constructively in continuous search of the best possible solution. You will gain insights into many industries, methodologies, and management topics on an ongoing basis.
You'll contribute to knowledge development through special projects, both with client teams and on a stand-alone basis.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top