Data Scientist – Cyber Security
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics or Mathematics or equivalent data experience in industry
- Extensive experience in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Experience with databases (esp. Hadoop, SQL)
- Information Security background is highly desired
- Knowledge of Splunk is an asset
- Great communication skills and a drive to think outside of the box
Who You'll Work WithYou will be a core member of the Information Security's Monitoring and Threat Analytics team working out of our Prague office. You will be part of a global team that is distributed across New York, Prague and Delhi. This team is responsible for gathering security related data from different sources to derive insights. They also develop dashboards and also alerts from this data that can be acted upon by the operations team.
What You'll Do
You will partner with analysts and other teams to identify strategic business questions related to information security, key metrics, and actionable insights.
You will provide results of your statistical analysis to senior leadership. You will design, develop and deliver machine learning algorithms in order to enable solutions to address critical business requirements. You will also bring your vast statistical knowledge to design and build validation tests to assess the efficiency of the model (or algorithm) in place and provide strategic insights to stakeholders.
You will conduct proactive in-depth analysis and predictive modeling to uncover hidden patterns. You will also support data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, and help derive data insights. You will apply quantitative and qualitative techniques to uncover meaningful insights from different data sources.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top