Data Scientist - Advanced Analytics
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Quantitative social sciences or related field
- PhD Computer Science, Applied Mathematics/Science, Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Social Science or related field preferred
- 3+ years of deep technical experience in machine learning, and statistics related work in the domains of risk management or targeted marketing
- Experience developing or designing analytical models in credit risk management (e.g. PD, EAD, LgD models) and/or marketing campaigns (e.g. churn prediction, next best activity models) (preferred)
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis and data mining packages SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, STATA, Excel, etc.
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, pulling in relevant team members to address identified – and sometimes undiscovered – client needs
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues at all levels
- Critical thinker with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to influence and work in teams
- Resourceful, tenacious and independent thought leader
- Strong desire to learn and develop, within a dynamic, self-led organization
Who You'll Work WithYou'll work with our Analytics group in Istanbul, Turkey. As a member of this team, you'll work with McKinsey consulting teams to carry out complex data analysis and modeling, creating a foundation for sound recommendations for client studies and internal projects.
What You'll Do
You will work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of machine learning enabled solutions for our clients and consulting teams.
This includes collaborating on problem definition, data acquisition, data exploration and visualization, feature engineering, experimenting with ML algorithms, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying the models, iteratively improving the solution, and building the tools for this process, etc.
You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources in both batch and streaming modes. You will work with consultants, clients or internal teams to prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact. You will often be responsible for the entire analytical process – from outlining the type of solution through implementation, interpretation of results and transferring capabilities to the client or colleagues.
You will constructively discuss your findings in collaboration with consultants and clients while always looking for the best solution. Some work at the client site is expected. Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top