- Experience in statistical modelling and/or machine learning
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Programming experience in at least 2 of the following language: R, Python, Scala, SQL
- Educated to an MSc or PhD level in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Mathematics
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Team leadership, mentoring and project management skills
- Proven application of advanced analytical and statistical
- Knowledge of distributed computing or NoSQL technologies is a bonus
Who You'll Work With
Based in Melbourne Sydney or Perth as part of McKinsey & Company and QuantumBlack, you'll join a highly collaborative team of exceptionally talented Data Scientists, Data Architects, and Engineers.
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know- how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
What You'll Do
In this role you will apply your exceptional academic background to develop and apply data science methods to improve and optimism our clients performance needs.
You share our curiosity for new methods and technologies, and our enthusiasm for data science challenges. As such, you will support our client services lead to identify business hypotheses and metrics, and you'll have the opportunity to define and drive the analytical scope and method for projects, including formulating and shaping the models.
You will be expected to communicate complex analytics concepts in a clear and concise manner to business leaders. You will use math, stats and machine learning to derive key insights across various industry sectors including Formula 1, pharma, automotive and high-tech. You will have the chance to write highly optimised code to advance our internal Data Science toolbox, and you'll develop world-class data science products for clients as well as for our data science team.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top