Data Science Specialist - Periscope
- MBA or Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- 8+ years of experience with a reputed analytics firm in the field of business intelligence and/or Advanced Analytics
- Industry experience in Consumer Goods/Financial Services/Telecom/Retail a plus
- Understanding of modeling techniques and specifically logistic regression, linear regression, cluster analysis, CHAID, market basket analysis, etc.
- Statistical programming software experience in SAS, R or equivalent. SQL and VBA preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Adept in forecasting, regression analysis, and segmentation work
- Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with Periscope team in Gurgaon. Periscope is part of McKinsey New Ventures. Specifically, you'll work within the Data Services team primarily supporting the Insights & Analytics (IA) group of Periscope.
Periscope leverages decades of McKinsey's marketing and sales experience helping leading companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. Periscope's combination of software, tailored services, and expertise provides our clients with a granular view of their commercial and financial performance by gathering and integrating their landscape of data and information into a central data warehouse. Clients can use our intuitive interface to make decisions based on advanced analytics and can embed new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solution, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will apply and administer analytical/modeling tools to draw managerial insights through statistical techniques and predictive modeling.
You will develop statistical models to measure and optimize pricing and marketing campaigns. You will perform CRM modeling in client engagements for marketing efforts, such as customer segmentation, acquisition, retention, and cross-sell/upsell techniques. You will perform quality checks on the data, and suggest improvements.
You will provide guidance and advice to non-technical client service teams on analytics projects and share technical results with clients. You will provide input and assistance on technique/modeling related issues and will work on multiple projects, often delegating work to Junior Analysts to deliver projects on time. You will also train and mentor Junior Analysts and build their proficiency along with developing cross-site relationships to enhance idea generation.
You will set and manage partner expectations and will coach and mentor new hires by sharing business, functional and technical expertise. You will support ongoing business processes by delivering high-quality end products on time and performing quality checks.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top