Data Science Analyst - Periscope
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Business (with a strong quantitative background)
- 2 - 6 years of professional experience with a reputed analytics firm in the field of business intelligence and/or Advanced Analytics
- Industry experience in Financial Services/Telecom/Retail is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Adept in forecasting, regression analysis, and segmentation work
- Understanding of Modeling techniques and specifically logistic regression, linear regression, cluster analysis, CHAID, market basket analysis, etc.
- Statistical programming software experience in SAS, R or equivalent; SQL and VBA are also preferred
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Creative and action-oriented mindset
- Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San José, Costa Rica office and will be a part of our Periscope team which falls under McKinsey's New Ventures. In this role, you'll work within the Data Services team primarily supporting the Insights & Analytics (IA) group of Periscope.
Founded in 2007, Periscope™ by McKinsey enables better commercial decisions by uncovering actionable insights. The Periscope platform combines world leading intellectual property, prescriptive analytics, and cloud based tools to provide more than 25 solutions focused on insights and marketing, with expert support and training. It is a unique combination that drives revenue growth both now and in the future. Customer experience, performance, pricing, category, and sales optimization are powered by the Periscope platform. Periscope has a presence in 26 locations across 16 countries with a team of 350+ IT and business professionals and a network of 300+ experts. To learn more about how Periscope's solutions and experts are helping businesses continually drive better performance, visit hthttp://www.periscope-solutions.com/
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will administer analytical and modeling tools with techniques and draw managerial insights through statistical and predictive modeling.
You'll develop statistical models to measure and optimize pricing and marketing campaigns and you'll perform CRM modeling in client engagements for marketing efforts. These may include customer segmentation, acquisition and retention, and cross-sell or upsell techniques. Additionally, you'll perform quality checks on the data and suggest improvements to improve data quality.
You'll provide input and assistance to our IA group and consulting teams on technique and modeling related issues. You'll work on multiple projects at the same time and be expected to delegate work to Junior Analysts to meet deadlines. You'll have the opportunity to support and coach Junior Analysts through training and mentoring to build their proficiency.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top