Data Product Owner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with Mathematics and Statistics or equivalent subject; Masters preferred
- Minimum of 8-12 years of experience in Data warehousing, Data modelling, ETL with Product Management/Agile Scrum master/Product ownership
- Can manage 80% travel; willingness to travel abroad for working sessions and meetings
- Proficiency in agile software development process
- Deep understanding of statistical data analysis, data modeling, design patterns and data mining tools and processes
- Experienced on building highly scalable and secured Big Data solutions on Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig, etc.
- Knowledge of web application development technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Java, UNIX, HTML, CSS, Perl, or PHP a plus
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, influence and innovation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Ability to see from and sell to multiple viewpoints
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
- Ability to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to domain knowledge building
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Bangalore office as part of Digital McKinsey.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. Our Digital practice focuses on building cutting-edge applications utilizing the latest in technology frameworks & platforms, creating the foundation for rapid and cost-effective implementation of systems that delivers maximum impact from day one.
What You'll Do
You will work in close collaboration with consultants and experts to define, organize and manage the IT enablement project(s) which are professional, impacting and competitive web-based Business Intelligence & Big Data solutions.
You'll conduct business analysis and collect business requirements to translate them into BI Solution leveraging best practices and you'll define features and product backlog (projects use the SCRUM methodology), prioritization of development, quality assurance and final acceptance of developed software. You'll elaborate development plans with the team and leadership covering IT project, maintenance and operations aspects and you'll collaborate with McKinsey Digital Labs (MDL) leadership for project governance, prioritization, organization and staffing.
Additionally, you'll collaborate with client service team and MDL managers during project execution for scope, budget and planning management. You'll be expected to manage project risks and issues and deliver working software passing quality and security requirements (as specified by the MDL and in line with firm IT standards), and you'll leverage your experience in understanding statistical data analyses, data mining & optimizations tools and technology as well as your understanding of the complex algorithm and logic to process data.
You'll embrace the agile software development environment and explain analytical solutions to the users to analyze medium to large datasets, run mathematical models, etc. You'll ensure software is developed with proper data quality controls at all levels and you'll lead BI and reporting projects including Data warehousing, Data modeling, ETL, etc.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top