Data Expert - Advanced Analytics
- Advanced degree in information systems, computer science or closely related field
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in business intelligence or IT management role in corporate or consulting setting
- Strong academic qualifications, including advanced understanding/coursework in database management and math (Linear Algebra, Calculus)
- Advanced knowledge of data management tools including SQL/DBMS, MongoDB, Hadoop and/or other big data technologies
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Python, R, C++, C#, etc.
- Hands-on experience with restful APIs – both creating and utilizing in ETL processes – is strongly preferred
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Boston, MA, WeWork office as part of QuantumBlack (a McKinsey & Co. subsidiary). Our team is a small startup within McKinsey that is focused on building next generation global analytics cloud platform for use by our consultants and clients. You'll be part of our energetic, enthusiastic, tight-knit team in, WeWork South Station. Our location is close to the innovation hub of Boston and we often attend tech meetups, hack fests, contribute to open source in major tech communities across Boston, NYC, San Fran and London (where QuantumBlack headquarters are located). We work hard and challenge each other all while having a great time. We also make sure to support one another regardless of what role we are in. We don't believe in hierarchies - just team work and results we can be proud of.
What You'll Do
You will be a core member of our analytics platform team, responsible for extracting large quantities data from client's IT systems, developing efficient ETL and data management processes, and building architectures for rapid ingestion and dissemination of key data.
You will be the point person in data architecture and management for our cloud platform and other high-tech initiatives. You will work with data scientists, tool developers, consultants and clients on projects that use complex data and advanced modeling to solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact.
Additionally, you'll be exposed to an enormous variety of topics across many different industries such as a world-leading bank figuring out how to best do its customer care across all of its channels, a railway determining optimal crew deployment, or a medical care provider understanding the main drivers for delays in surgery scheduling. Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top