Data Expert - Advanced Analytics
McKinsey is hiring Data Expert - Advanced Analytics.
- Advanced degree in information systems, computer science or closely related field
- Strong academic qualifications, including advanced understanding/coursework in database management and math (Linear Algebra, Calculus)
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Python, R, C++, C#, etc.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in business intelligence or IT management role in corporate or consulting setting
- Advanced knowledge of data management tools including SQL/DBMS, MongoDB, Hadoop and/or other big data technologies
- Hands-on experience with restful APIs – both creating and utilizing in ETL processes – is strongly preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s).
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with our Analytics group in Waltham, Massachusetts, co-located with our Knowledge Center colleagues. As a member of this team, you’ll work with McKinsey consulting teams to carry out complex data analysis and modeling, creating a foundation for sound recommendations for client studies and internal projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be a core member of our analytics platform team, responsible for extracting large quantities data from client’s IT systems, developing efficient ETL and data management processes, and building architectures for rapid ingestion and dissemination of key data.
You will be the point person in data architecture and management for our cloud platform and other high-tech initiatives. You will work with data scientists, tool developers, consultants and clients on projects that use complex data and advanced modeling to solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact.
Additionally, you’ll be exposed to an enormous variety of topics across many different industries such as a world-leading bank figuring out how to best do its customer care across all of its channels, a railway determining optimal crew deployment, or a medical care provider understanding the main drivers for delays in surgery scheduling. Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Fope helps lead a small team that works for McKinsey clients, helping them address business challenges and strategic questions. Though based in the NYC office, she travels frequently so she can be in-person with her clients.
Back to top