Data Engineer - Travel, Transport and Logistics
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related subject
- 3-8 years of experience on Big Data platforms like Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Spark, Hbase, CouchDB, Hive, Pig etc.
- Experienced with data modelling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured analytical solutions
- Used SQL, PL/SQL and similar languages, UNIX shell scripting
- Worked with TeraData, Oracle, MySQL, Informatica, Tableau, QlikView or similar reporting and BI packages
- Programming languages such as SQL, Python, Java, Pig
- Experience working in start-up environment or organizations with an agile culture
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Highly conversant with the analytics landscape and best-in-class technologies / platforms / vendors
- TTL industry and data model knowledge is a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the role and has a strong sense of ownership
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham office as part of our Travel Transport & Logistics practice.
Our Travel Transport & Logistics practice works with clients in the travel and tourism space as well as freight and passenger transportation sectors – be it via ocean, air, roads, rail. Beyond the transportation companies, we also work for the respective transport infrastructure operators. The majority of our clients are airlines, airports, tour operators, hotels, rental car providers, railways, urban transit operators, postal, parcel and express services, trucking companies, port operators, shipping lines, and much more.
What You'll Do
You'll work closely with senior client stakeholders to understand their data, design the ingestion process to store the data locally and prepare it for Data Analytics.
As someone passionate about data, you'll have the opportunity to play a critical role in database design and development, data integration and ingestion, as well as designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques.
You are someone with a drive to implement the best possible solutions for clients in close collaboration with a highly skilled Data Science team. As such, you will partner with clients to model their data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches. You'll also plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top