Data Engineer - QuantumBlack
- Advanced degree in computer science, information systems, or closely related field
- 1-5 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience and interest in Big Data technologies (Hadoop / Spark / NoSQL DBs)
- Experience working on projects within the cloud ideally AWS or Azure
- Strong development background with experience in at least two scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc. SQL, Python, Java, Scala, C#, R
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Data security & governance expertise
- Experience in at least one ETL tool (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, DataStage)
- Ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying linkages across disparate data sets
- Proven ability to clearly communicate complex solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with clients in a clear, timely, and professional manner.
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others from diverse skill-sets and backgrounds
- Willingness to travel about 40% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Cambridge, Boston and will join QuantumBlack, a highly collaborative team of exceptionally talented Data Scientists, Data Architects, and Machine Learning Engineers.
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know- how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
What You'll Do
You'll work closely with senior client stakeholders to understand their data, design the ingestion process to store the data locally and prepare it for Data Analytics.
As someone passionate about data and the opportunity it provides to organisations, you'll have the opportunity to play a critical role in database design and development, data integration and ingestion, as well as designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science. You will help shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, creating new lines of thinking within a diverse range of clients and situations. You will constantly engage with our clients and team members as they architect new systems and strategies for extracting, transforming and optimizing data flows from complex, sometimes disparate, data sources. You will work with our clients' entire data ecosystem to enable effective, highly scalable data analysis pipelines. This role will develop, implement and maintain distributed systems around all elements of data analysis with a constant eye toward continuous improvement.
You'll support with workstreams in acquiring, ingesting, and processing data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms. You'll help create and manage data environments in the Cloud. You will collaborate with our data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models. You will have a strong understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top