- Commercial client-facing project experience, including working in close-knit teams
- A proven ability in clearly communicating complex solutions
- Data security & governance expertise
- Strong experience in traditional data warehousing / ETL tools (Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, DataStage)
- Experience and interest in Big Data technologies (Hadoop / Spark / NoSQL DBs) and Cloud (AWS and Azure)
- Strong SQL experience, and optional Python / Scala / Java / R
- Exceptional attention to detail
Who You'll Work With
Based in Melbourne Sydney or Perth as part of McKinsey & Company and QuantumBlack, you'll join a highly collaborative team of exceptionally talented Data Scientists, Data Architects, and Engineers.
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know- how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
What You'll Do
In this role you'll work closely with senior client stakeholders to understand their data, design the ingestion process to store the data locally and prepare it for Data Analytics.
As someone passionate about data and the opportunity it provides to organisations, you'll have the opportunity to play a critical role in database design and development, data integration and ingestion, as well as designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques.
You are someone with a drive to implement the best possible solutions for clients in close collaboration with a highly skilled Data Science team. As such, you will partner with clients to model their data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches. You'll also plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top