- Advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a data engineering role, ideally across multiple organizations
- Strong programming experience, e.g., in Java, Python, or R
- Knowledge of efficient data structures for medium to large data sets for Advanced Analytics applications, and extensive experience in ETL (Alteryx, Pentaho, etc.)
- Experience and interest in RDBMS systems (MySQL, IBM DB2, Oracle Database, etc.), cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) and big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Spark, NoSQL DBs)
- Knowledge of applying fundamental data transformation, cleaning, validation and statistical techniques
- Ability to work effectively with people at various levels in an organization and in a diverse team environment
- Distinctive communications skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in a non-technical way in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Self-driven work style and ability to perform under tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Willingness to travel about 20% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of the Analytics team in Wroclaw and a member of our world-wide analytics community.
In McKinsey Analytics we shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, creating new lines of thinking within a diverse range of clients and situations. We help clients harness data to solve their toughest challenges. In the past, these have included a world-leading bank figuring out how to best do its customer care across all of its channels, a railway determining optimal crew deployment, and a medical care provider understanding the main drivers for delays in surgery scheduling.
We pride ourselves in fostering an atmosphere of ongoing learning and development for those seeking to constantly enhance their capabilities and knowledge. Through efforts like internal grant programs, continuing education, and secondment opportunities, learning and skills-improvement opportunities are endless for our data professionals around the world.
What You'll Do
You will be involved in end-to-end data management to enable advanced analytics use cases.
You will work through our clients entire data ecosystems to understand what's available, what's missing, and where to find and collect that information. Using your expertise, you will design and implement secure ingestion processes. You will also design efficient data structures to run analytics on large scale data.
Collaborating with data scientists, you will validate, clean and transform the data for analytics. Most of the data engineering will be done remotely from Wroclaw, however you will be expected to travel to client locations for meetings.
Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills. Growing in the role will also create opportunities to coach junior colleagues and contribute to team strategy on knowledge and capability development.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top