- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Masters preferred
- 3+ years software/technology client-facing experience
- Architecture and security certification; strongly preferred experienced in Open source technologies (Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig, etc.)
- Experienced with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Experience with Big Data migrations or IT transformations, with architecting or operating solutions build on MS Azure, IBM Cloud, Salesforce, etc.
- Experienced in design and implementation with Big Data Solutions and distributed applications
- Experience in data warehouse or database architecture and ideally within a startup or startup like working environment
- Strongly preferred experienced in Open source technologies (Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig etc.)
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior executives at large companies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Tolerance in dealing with bad quality data
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset; able to see from and sell to multiple viewpoints
- Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus; excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Able to work both independently and in various team settings; able to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to domain knowledge building
- Open to up to 50% travel when needed
Who You'll Work With
You will work in New York with our innovation group. Our Big Data Architects serve large global companies in building secure, scalable Data architectures.
McKinsey's Digital Labs (MDL) combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world-class Agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly-skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost-effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
Despite being part of a large, multinational organization, MDL works more like a small startup company. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ Agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for designing mission critical digital solutions on various platforms including analytics and big data solutions.
You will also play key role in counseling clients and, knowledge and practice development, serving large global companies in building secure, scalable cloud architectures. You will also play key role in counseling clients and in our knowledge and practice development. Additionally, you'll design McKinsey's Big Data platform. You'll help clients construct Big Data solutions providing strategic direction, designing and driving architecture and implementation plan. You'll implement robust security measures, you'll practice DevOps and agile principles, you'll lead technical design workshops, and you'll actively participate in external and internal meetings (e.g., conferences, etc.).
Overall, you'll have the opportunity to apply your entrepreneurial skills and have a chance to work on architecture and security challenges while helping to serve our clients and educate them and our teams on Big Data architecture.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top