- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Masters preferred
- 10+ years of Software Technology client-facing experience
- Experience with Big Data migrations or IT transformation (e.g. Datalake, different platform warehouses, etc.)
- Ability to make assessments of the client data architecture, understanding their platforms and Data Warehouse
- Experience creating a datalake on-premise in the client data center to centralize all the information from different platforms
- Ability to recommend future data architecture and data governance - from data ingestion to data mart
- Experience with startup or startup like working environment
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior executives at large companies
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Warsaw office as part of McKinsey Digital Labs and our Digital McKinsey teams more broadly.
McKinsey Digital Labs brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, Digital McKinsey and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. McKinsey Digital Labs not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
Digital Labs combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world-class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost-effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
What You'll Do
You will serve large global companies in building secure, scalable cloud architectures.
You will be in charge of designing mission critical digital solutions on cloud including analytics and big data solutions. You will play key role in counseling clients and will be responsible for knowledge and practice development.
You will also design cloud-based architectures to build and scale digital solutions including statistical data analyses, data mining, BI, Data warehouse and optimization. You'll build BI and reporting solutions including Data warehousing, Data modeling, ETL etc. You'll leverage your skills in performing statistical data analyses, data mining and optimizations using multiple tools and technology on large complex data sets. You'll be expected to easily understand the complex algorithm and logic to process data.
Additionally, you'll embrace the agile software development environment and provide self-serve analytical solutions to users to analyse medium to large datasets. You will be a practitioner of statistical data quality procedures, whilst working with large volumes of data. Moreover, you will be well versed with performance tuning and ensuring proper data quality controls at all levels
Furthermore, you'll help clients migrate to cloud by providing strategic direction and designing and driving architecture and implementation plans. You'll implement robust security measures and will have the opportunity to be a technology thought leader with McKinsey and client teams. You'll lead technical design workshops to co-create solutions and architectures with clients. You'll also need to visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of formats to various stakeholders.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top