- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Masters preferred
- 3+ years of software/technology client-facing experience
- Architecture and security certification; strongly preferred experienced in Open source technologies (Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Experience with Big Data migrations or IT transformations, with architecting or operating solutions build on MS Azure, IBM Cloud, Salesforce, etc.
- Experience in design and implementation with Big Data Solutions and distributed applications
- Experience in data warehouse or database architecture and ideally within a startup or startup like working environment
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior executives at large companies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Tolerance in dealing with bad quality data
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset; able to see from and sell to multiple viewpoints
- Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus; excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Able to work both independently and in various team settings
- Able to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to domain knowledge building
- Willingness to travel 80% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with Digital McKinsey in one of our North American offices. Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for designing mission critical digital solutions on various platforms, including analytics and big data solutions.
In this role you will serve large global companies in building secure, scalable cloud architectures. You'll help clients construct Big Data solutions providing strategic direction to design and drive the architecture and implementation plan. Also, you implement robust security measures, as well as practice DevOps and agile principles.
As a Data Architect, you'll lead technical design workshops, and you'll actively participate in external and internal meetings (e.g., conferences, etc.). You'll have the opportunity to apply your entrepreneurial skills and will work on architecture and security challenges while helping to serve our clients and educate them and our teams on Big Data architecture.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top