- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with Mathematics and Statistics or equivalent subject; Master's degree preferred
- 8-12 years of experience in software development
- 3+ years software/technology client facing experience preferred
- Experienced on Big Data platform like Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig etc
- Worked with TeraData, Oracle, MySQL, Informatica, Tableu, QlikView or similar reporting and BI packages
- Used SQL, PL/SQL and similar languages, UNIX shell scripting
- Experienced with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Knowledge of agile software development process
- Knowledge of CN Ecosystem
- Familiarity with performance metric tools
- Experience with "on-premise to cloud" migrations or IT transformations preferred
- Experience in architecture/operating solutions build on MS Azure, IBM Cloud, Salesforce, etc. preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior executives at large companies
- Demonstrate high learning agility
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time when needed
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in either Shanghai or Beijing and will be part of Digital McKinsey.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
What You'll Do
You will work as Data Architect to serve large global companies in building secure, scalable cloud architectures.
You will be responsible for designing mission critical digital solutions on cloud including analytics and big data solutions. You will play key role in counseling clients and, knowledge and practice development.
You'll design cloud-based architectures to build and scale digital solutions including statistical data analyses, data mining, BI, Data warehouse and optimization and you'll build BI and reporting solutions including Data warehousing, Data modeling, ETL etc. You'll leverage your skills in performing statistical data analyses, data mining & optimizations using multiple tools and technology on large complex data sets, and you'll be expected to easily understand the complex algorithm and logic to process data.
Additionally, you'll embrace the agile software development environment and provide self-serve analytical solutions to users to analyse medium to large datasets and run mathematical models without need of IT resources. You'll be a practitioner of statistical data quality procedures or test driven approach for quality assurance, you'll develop software ensuring proper data quality controls at all levels, and you'll work with large volumes of data, well versed with performance tuning and able to optimize the application at all of its layers.
Furthermore, you'll help clients migrate to cloud by providing strategic direction, designing and driving architecture and implementation plans and you'll implement robust security measures. You'll have the opportunity to be a technology thought leader with McKinsey and client teams and you'll lead technical design workshops to co-create solutions and architectures with clients. You'll also need to visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of formats to various stakeholders.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top