Data Analytics Engineer - Advanced Analytics
- Undergraduate or master's degree and an excellent academic record required
- 1 – 3 years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of Enterprise software development experience
- 2+ years of cloud development experience
- Working knowledge of ETL processes and strategies
- Working knowledge of building and consuming web services
- Advanced understanding/coursework in database management and math (Linear Algebra, Calculus)
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to independently own front-end tool development and decisions, balancing demands and deadlines
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Position requires ability to travel 30-50%
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Boston, MA, WeWork office as part of QuantumBlack (a McKinsey & Co. subsidiary). Our team is a small startup within McKinsey that is focused on building next generation global analytics cloud platform for use by our consultants and clients. You'll be part of our energetic, enthusiastic, tight-knit team in, WeWork South Station. Our location is close to the innovation hub of Boston and we often attend tech meetups, hack fests, contribute to open source in major tech communities across Boston, NYC, San Fran and London (where QuantumBlack headquarters are located). We work hard and challenge each other all while having a great time. We also make sure to support one another regardless of what role we are in. We don't believe in hierarchies - just team work and results we can be proud of.
What You'll Do
You'll focus on building the front and back-end connections between our cloud platform and customer applications.
You will identify the best way to ingest data, which is fast, secure and requires the least amount of manual labor. You will develop and share best practices for data integration with the goal of maximizing impact through more effective and efficient methods — such as machine learning for auto ingestion. You'll be able to do this leveraging your experience in non-SQL, streaming-data, and real time-enabled environments.
You will be exposed to an enormous variety of topics across many different industries such as a world-leading bank figuring out how to best do its customer care across all of its channels, a railway determining optimal crew deployment, or a medical care provider understanding the main drivers for delays in surgery scheduling. Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top