Data Analyst - Periscope
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT Coding/development abilities (SQL, Microsoft, etc.)
- 3-5 years of in the field of business intelligence, IT development, ETL and/or data analysis domains
- Excellent time management skills (on time, within estimated workload, according to scope, and with flexibility when required)
- Good communication skills in English; other languages are an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills (assertiveness, not afraid to challenge constructively, fast learner, client oriented, respect of commitments, etc.)
- Ability to act autonomously, bring structure and organization to work
- Good analytical and conceptual problem solving skills
- Understanding of basic financial and business terminology
- Creativity and action-oriented mindset
- Able to travel abroad, typically on the same continent as your home office
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our office in San Jose, Costa Rica as part of the Periscope team. Periscope is part of McKinsey Solutions and New Ventures.
Periscope leverages decades of McKinsey's marketing and sales experience helping leading companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. Periscope's combination of software, tailored services, and expertise provides our clients with a granular view of their commercial and financial performance by gathering and integrating their landscape of data and information into a central data warehouse. Clients can use our intuitive interface to make decisions based on advanced analytics and can embed new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You'll help analyze, design and develop ETL's (extract, transform, and load) for our global clients.
You'll work within the Data Services team to perform data transformation, modeling, and validation activities as well as configuring applications to a client context. You'll primarily work remotely from, but in close collaboration with, the Service Management team.
You'll also participate in the continuous development and improvement of configuration tools, processes, and talents. This includes validating raw data quality and transforming the data using SQL and/or MS Excel, loading the transformed data to an SQL server using manual uploads and/or SSIS, performing quality checks on the data, and suggesting data quality improvements.
Additionally, you'll develop complex algorithms in SQL based on discussions with clients and the service delivery team. You may also be responsible for coding and scripting (SQL) for automating data transformation and loading specified by Service Management team. Working on multiple projects, you may need to delegate work to Junior Analysts to deliver projects on time, so training and mentoring Junior Analysts and building their proficiency in the ETL process will be integral to your success.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top