Data Analyst - Periscope
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of business intelligence, IT development, ETL (SSIS, SQL, Alteryx, Talend, Pentaho, etc…)
- Coding/development abilities (SQL, Microsoft, etc.)
- Basic knowledge about data mining, machine learning and statistics is an additional asset
- Background in sectors such as consumer products or banking is advantageous
- Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
- Understanding of basic financial and business terminology
- Creative and action-oriented mindset
- Ability to travel abroad for working sessions and meetings with Service Management team (typically on the same continent as their home office)
- Strong knowledge of Excel, VBA, and Macros. Willingness to work on these technologies (as required) and build expertise
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Gurgaon office and will be a part of our Periscope team, which falls under McKinsey's New Ventures. In this role, you'll work within the Data Services team, primarily supporting the Insights & Analytics (IA) group of Periscope.
Periscope leverages decades of McKinsey's marketing and sales experience helping leading companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. Periscope's combination of software, tailored services, and expertise provides our clients with a granular view of their commercial and financial performance by gathering and integrating their landscape of data and information into a central data warehouse. Clients can use our intuitive interface to make decisions based on advanced analytics and can embed new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solution, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
As a Data Analyst, you will work within the Data Services team to perform data transformation, modeling and validation activities, as well configure applications to client context.
You will work in close collaboration with the Service Management team and depending on the context of your engagement, you may work locally with the Client Service Team and/or the client.
You will participate in the continuous development and improvement of configuration tools, processes, and talents. You will also be validating raw data quality and transforming the data using SQL and/or MS Excel. You will load the transformed data to a SQL server using manual uploads and/or SSIS.
You will be performing quality checks on the data, and suggesting improvements to improve data quality, developing complex algorithms in SQL based on discussions with clients and the service delivery team and working on multiple projects, and delegating work to Junior Analysts to deliver projects on time.
You will train and mentor Junior Analysts and buildi their proficiency in the ETL process, coding and scripting (SQL) for automating data transformation and loading.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top