Data Analyst (Excel & VBA) - Periscope
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 3+ years of professional work experience with a reputed analytics firm
- IT savvy in the field of data manipulation (power user in Excel/Access, VBA/Macro writing abilities, etc.)
- Good knowledge about Business Intelligence Domain and Reporting Solutions (QlikView, Tableau, etc.)
- Basic knowledge about SQL and R is a strong plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to dis-aggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding of basic financial and business terminology
- Experience in marketing ROI or customer lifecycle management are a plus
- Collaborative and able to motivate team members
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity; self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
- Ability to travel for working sessions and meetings with Service Management team
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Periscope team in Gurgaon. Periscope is part of McKinsey New Ventures.
Founded in 2007, Periscope™ by McKinsey enables better commercial decisions by uncovering actionable insights. The Periscope platform combines world-leading intellectual property, prescriptive analytics, and cloud-based tools to enable25 solutions which focus on insights and marketing, expert support and training. It is a unique combination that drives revenue growth both now and in the future. Customer experience, performance, pricing, category, and sales optimization are powered by the Periscope platform. Periscope has a presence in 26 locations across 16 countries with a team of 350+ IT and business professionals and a network of 300+ experts. To learn more about how Periscope's solutions and experts are helping businesses continually drive better performance, visit hthttp://www.periscope-solutions.com/
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work within the Data Services team to perform data transformation, modelling and validation activities.
You will also configure Marketing Solutions and other applications to client context. As an analyst, you will work remotely, but in close collaboration with the service management team. You will participate in the continuous development and improvement of configuration tools, processes and talents.
You will execute data collection, cleansing, transformation and upload activities during the engagement to support exploration and problem-solving. This also includes performing quality checks on the data and suggesting improvements to improve data quality and preparing data and configuration of Marketing Solutions modules for clients (leading the entire ETL process). You will be working closely with the Development team to troubleshoot issues and ensure smooth production deployments of Marketing Solution modules and developing algorithms and custom reports in Excel/ VBA based on discussions with clients and the service delivery team.
You will act as a go-to person for any Excel/VBA related query and defining standards for Excel/VBA development. You will also be required to design the VBA solution, create WBS and work on critical aspects of the project.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top