- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field (mathematics, quantitative methods, computer science, engineering, finance etc.); Advanced degree is a plus
- Hands-on experience in reporting, data analytics, data engineering, business intelligence
- Strong data management skills with focus on database design, data quality management and data analysis of small to medium datasets, including hands-on experience with SQL and ETL software (MySQL, Alteryx, Pentaho etc.)
- Good business modelling and programming skills using Excel, VBA. Programming experience in R, Python, SAS is a plus
- Knowledge on interactive visualization and BI platforms (Tableau/Qlikview/ Power BI/ Rshiny)
- Understanding of business environment and ability to translate business problems to analytical frameworks and technical end-products
- Entrepreneurial mindset proactively thinking about potential improvements to how things are done
- Ability to work collaboratively and self-driven in a diverse team environment, under tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Good communications skills with ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way in English (both verbally and in writing)
- Willingness to travel about 20% of the time
- We are recruiting both junior and senior profiles, the role will be calibrated during the recruiting process based on candidate's experience.
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of the Analytics team in Wroclaw and a member of our world-wide analytics community. As data analyst you will interact and collaborate with McKinsey consultants, data scientists and data engineers.
In McKinsey Analytics we shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, creating new lines of thinking within a diverse range of clients and situations. We help clients harness data to solve their toughest challenges. In the past, these have included a world-leading bank figuring out how to best do its customer care across all of its channels, a railway determining optimal crew deployment, and a medical care provider understanding the main drivers for delays in surgery scheduling.
We pride ourselves in fostering an atmosphere of ongoing learning and development for those seeking to constantly enhance their capabilities and knowledge. Through efforts like internal grant programs, continuing education, and secondment opportunities, learning and skills-improvement opportunities are endless for our data professionals around the world.
What You'll Do
You will help translate clients' challenges into analytical problems.
In doing this, you will manage the entire data cleaning pipeline, apply analytics methods and data visualization techniques, generate insights, and communicate them back to the team. You will suggest improvements in the analytical process and approaches by challenging colleagues about what is possible and how things are done. Your end-products, which will include business models, scenario planners, reporting dashboards or data visualizations. You will create foundations for sound recommendations for clients.
Most of the work will be delivered remotely from Wroclaw, however you might be expected to travel to other McKinsey offices / client locations for project meetings. Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills. Growing in the role will also create opportunities to coach junior colleagues and contribute to team strategy on knowledge and capability development.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top