Data Analyst - Analytics Services India
- Advanced degree in Computer Applications, Engineering, Mathematics or Operations research
- 2 - 6 years of experience with programming on SQL Reporting Services 2005/2008, PL/SQL (Oracle/MySQL), and T-SQL (MS SQL server)
- Working knowledge of Excel VBA/ Access
- Experience in building business algorithms, scenario planning and solving business problems using optimization techniques is preferred
- Experience in working with relational databases; ability to identify needed data elements to support reporting requests
- Familiarity with core statistical concepts (e.g., correlation, regressions, confidence intervals, etc.) is preferred
- Big data certification and knowledge of a data visualization tool is an added benefit
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in our McKinsey Knowledge Centre in Chennai and will be part of our Data Analytics team.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will provide data mining and analytical support on client engagements.
In your role you will conduct analysis, build data intensive models and tools, summarize and interpret results. Your responsibilities will include creating data dashboards, graphs and visualisations, leveraging software like SQL/SAS/Tableau. You will build prototypes and tools in Excel VBA to support business decision making (optimization, scenario planning, reporting). You will actively participate in strategy building on knowledge and capability development.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top