Copywriter - Global Internal Communications
- University degree, ideally in a communications-related field
- At least 3 years' experience in communications or marketing-related field (e.g., journalism, corporate communications)
- Deep knowledge of creative writing formats including writing for web, multi-media, and print
- Ability to work independently and remotely as a part of a global team
- Superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills – particularly the ability write with a pithy, humorous, and sometimes "edgy" tone"
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- High standards for quality and service
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in either Atlanta or Amsterdam as part of our Global Internal Communications team, working with teammates and firm leaders around the world.
What You'll Do
Working as part of a tight-knit, creative team of 14 professionals, you will be responsible for producing captivating and high-impact messaging to tell the story of our global impact to our more than 25,000 colleagues.
You will create and drive written communications that raise the profile of our commitment to delivering distinctive and lasting change to our clients and society. You will inspire other team members, serve as a counselor to internal clients looking to energize global colleagues around a firm strategy or change initiatives, and own a substantial portion of the creative execution of your ideas.
The role requires the ability to create high-impact creative copy across a wide variety of topics and media. You will work with content-owners to develop copy concepts for articles, videos, podcasts, blogs, memos, etc. You will write drafts, solicit and incorporate feedback while maintaining high-quality creative standards, edit materials to ensure ideas are expressed clearly, logically, and consistent with communications objective.
You will also be responsible for giving colleagues feedback and tips to improve the quality of their written communications as well as innovating our communications approach and finding new ways to reach a variety of smart, multi-tenured colleagues.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top