Contracts Manager - Public Sector
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in contracts administration, preferably at a professional services firm
- Knowledge of government contracting, including understanding of the U.S. government acquisition process (e.g, Fixed Price, Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and General Service Administration contracts)
- Experience with U.S. state and local government procurement is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and accustomed to and comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- U.S. citizen due to requirements related to U.S. government security clearances
Who You'll Work With
You will join our Washington, D.C. office and will work with our Public Sector Practice (PSP) to ensure compliance with applicable government procurement guidelines. The PSP provides management consulting services to governments at the federal, state and local levels.
What You'll Do
You will work with members of the PSP, the Legal Department, and other administrative functions on a range of public sector proposal and contract-related activities, specifically the pre-proposal phase, proposal delivery and contract execution.
You will work with contracting officers of existing and target clients to prepare for meetings, as well as negotiate non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements with third parties. You will review requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for quote (RFQs), and all other government tenders, including amendments, distribute government tender documents to the appropriate colleagues.
Additionally, you'll communicate with the government regarding submissions (e.g., confirmation of receipt, bid/no-bid decisions), complete forms and other compliance-related documents and support contracts managers in preparing price volumes and proposals for the government. You will also help maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date proposal, subcontract, and contract files on a real-time basis.
Furthermore, you'll provide support to other Contracts Managers in resolving contract-related questions, issues, and problems, and in negotiating contract and subcontract modifications. You'll also work closely with coordinate with firm finance on invoicing and related issues, and prepare and file appropriate reports (e.g. M/WBE subcontracting).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top