- Bachelor's Degree required, with advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of professional experience in sourcing or contracts role
- Deep experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contract terms.
- Ability to think strategically, develop a structured point of view and influence others
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable working with different cultures and processes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to structure own tasks and work independently as well as in diverse cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop relationships and build a network
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Comfortable with using and interpreting data to drive outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who You'll Work WithYou will be a member of the Contracts team within Optimize, the McKinsey & Company function that delivers distinctive, positive and productive experiences through various services ranging from travel, events, real estate, sourcing, technology and purchasing.
What You'll Do
You will be a key contributor on the Contracts team and will be responsible for reviewing commercial terms (non-legal) of vendor contracts for various types of goods and services.
You will be expected to review and negotiate commercial contracts (e.g., service agreements, statements of work, confidentiality agreements), setting best best practices for the vendor contract review process. Additionally, you will be the key liaison between vendors, sourcing, legal and internal clients to negotiate and resolve commercial issues and move contracts forward to execution.
Acting as a main point of contact between Optimize and the firm's legal team, you will work with other Optimize functions on projects in support of firm initiatives.
Back to top