Content Marketing Manager - Fuel By McKinsey, New Ventures
- University degree required and MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a marketing-related field (e.g., in-house marketing or with an agency) strongly preferred
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Demonstrated ability to grow a social audience by providing them w/ regular, helpful content that's aligned with their needs and interests
- Prior experience building and managing a rich content/editorial calendar
- Outstanding content writer who can produce content on your own as well as partner with other team members
- Editorial mindset with ability to produce content with our brand voice, style, and tone, and at the level of quality expected of McKinsey
- Strong understanding of the online marketing funnel and how content can generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and nurture them into customers and ability to measure it
- Experience with content management software (e.g. WordPress) and website analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics, Heap); experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce), and marketing automation software (e.g. Marketo) a plus
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Fuel By McKinsey team in one of our West Coast offices.
Fuel By McKinsey is a new Firm-sponsored initiative targeted to helping pre-IPO companies (VC or growth PE backed) achieve higher growth rates.
We are a startup within McKinsey, bringing the McKinsey you know - legendary knowledge, practices, and people and a global network of corporate connections - and the McKinsey you don't - the ability to accelerate growth and impact for pre-IPO companies and their investors. We are comprised of a select group of entrepreneurs w/ a strong understanding of early and growth stage companies and deep experience in a number of sectors including B2B SaaS, consumer, healthcare, cleantech, retail, and digital media.
The Fuel By McKinsey team gets involved at critical junctures in a company's life cycle - product/market fit, go-to-market, growth strategy, sales performance, operational excellence, and organization building. We provide an array of options to engage with us including access to industry bench marking tools and training, internal and external experts, proprietary software, and hands-on consulting teams.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for and expands our invtestment in out entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions and vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
What You'll Do
You will lead the development and implementation of Fuel By McKinsey's content marketing strategy.
You will be responsible for deeply understanding the existing marketing research, marketing communications plan and content strategy and translate this into an overall content marketing plan and editorial calendar for the year, including specific and measurable goals. Specific goals are to establish the McKinsey brand in this space, drive traffic to and grow engagement with our platform by providing users with regular, helpful content that will help them solve real problems and think of McKinsey as a valued partner and resource, as well as drive leads for our bespoke consulting services and solutions
Based on the content strategy you will write high-quality content to attract new users and drive deeper engagement with our website and products. You should be an empathetic storyteller and writer experienced with generating thought-provoking content for a professional audience, will have an expert-level understanding of what our users care about, and can develop content that meets the high level of quality expected from McKinsey. You will also collaborate with various subject matter experts and thought leaders from across the Fuel By McKinsey team to identify new content needsand opportunities to repurpose existing marketing assets into other forms of content, updating and modifying them as needed.
You will manage the social media aspects of our content marketing efforts and work closely with marketing on aligning content to other marketing initiatives and activities such as brand campaigns.
You will also experiment across channels and formats to hone our content strategy that adds value for our audience through blog posts, white papers, case studies, ebooks, and tutorials to deliver the information our prospects are seeking.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top