Consultant - Steel
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Engineering; Advanced degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in the steel industry with a distinctive record of achievement or expertise in steel manufacturing, operation, technical process, research and development, marketing and sales
- In-depth understanding of the development trends in the steel industry is an advantage Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Chinese
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in one of our Greater China offices and will be a part of the Operations practice.
Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
Focusing on the steel industry, you will build best practices in lean transformation, from shop floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes and information and material flows.
In this role you will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. You will have the opportunity to design operating and production systems and drive and support the implementation of lean improvement activities. You will also work to improve the energy efficiency of manufacturing operations, build and enhance quality systems and develop lean manufacturing capabilities in client organizations. Additionally, you will work to optimize global networks of manufacturing facilities
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top