Consultant - Southeast Asia (Bangkok)
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced graduate degree preferred (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
- 5 – 15 years of professional experience in progressive management roles or consulting experience with demonstrated business results
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Thai
- Demonstrated success in the areas of strategic thinking, effective team building, change leadership, and results orientation
- Strong logic and analytic skills; strong facilitation and consulting skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and team development skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Bangkok office as a Junior Associate, Associate or Engagement Manager. You will join our Southeast Asia complex and work in teams both in Bangkok and around the region, directly with our clients.
When you join McKinsey as an experienced hire, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. You will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult problems.
Our McKinsey Bangkok office, opened in 1997 and is a dynamic growing office with deep, established relationships in the country. The office works with both local Thai and multinational clients across industries, including financial services, telecommunications, consumer industries, energy, and the public sector. The office is at the forefront of launching McKinsey's new delivery models and McKinsey Solutions with clients to achieve lasting impact.
What You'll Do
You will typically work in teams of 3 – 5 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members. Throughout a project, you will be involved in discussions and presentations with senior client leadership. You'll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
We are looking to hire high-caliber, experienced professionals into our Bangkok consulting team. McKinsey hires experienced professionals from almost every major industry sector, from a wide variety of functional specializations and backgrounds.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top