Consultant - Operations Excellence Program
- Undergraduate in Engineering, with a master's degree preferred and outstanding record of academic achievement
- 3 - 5 years of initial professional experience in a high performing environment
- Experience planning and executing performance transformations (e.g., comprehensive process optimization, lean management or service operations) preferred
- Experience working in operations' strategical areas, such as manufacturing or service operations preferred
- Passion for Operations transformation and willingness to develop an ascending career within the Operations Practice
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytic and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Mandarin
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll will work in our Greater China office as part of McKinsey's Operations practice.
Our Operations Practice helps our clients tackle challenges in capital productivity, product development, purchasing, manufacturing, supply chain management and service operation. Our teams combine the comprehensive business understanding that underpins all McKinsey disciplines with practical operations expertise in a wide range of industries worldwide.
You are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult problems. You will also work with a range of experts in the firm, from data scientists to researchers to software and app designers.
What You'll Do
You will play an active role in problem solving for clients, including identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analyses and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
As part of our two-year Operations Excellence Program (OEP), you will work on client engagements like any other McKinsey consultant. You will gain leading-edge operations and consulting skills, primarily through on-the-job coaching as you work alongside other consultants, complemented by the OEP's structured capability building program.
We view the OEP Analyst position as the start of a rewarding, challenging, and highly flexible career with McKinsey and Operations Practice. During your first few years with the firm, you will serve as a junior consultant on multiple client engagements and work with a number of colleagues and clients in a range of industry and operations' service lines. You will acquire the necessary knowledge and expertise to help companies achieve excellence in their operations.
Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate many days to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts. You will follow a curriculum based on operations excellence themes and advanced training in one of six specific areas of operations: capital productivity, manufacturing, product development, purchasing, service operations, or supply chain management.
Upon completion of the program, successful consultants will join our global group of leading experts in operational excellence. Already today, we have OEP graduates working at all levels of the firm, from associate to partner.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top