Consultant - Operations Data Scientist
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., Master, MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Proven track record in operations-oriented analytical and methodological services
- Previous experience working with numbers, statistics, and analytics/software (especially specialized optimization software such as GAMS or AMPL)
- Statistical programming software experience in SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Matlab or equivalent and knowledge of analytics tools (i.e. Tableau, Alteryx) and SQL databases
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and German
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
As part of our Operations practice, our Analytics teams bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of industry dynamics and corporate functions to help clients create the most value from data. Operations analytics can help solve problems in optimization, forecasting, simulation, and big data comparison and visualization. Combining deep strategic and business insight with world-class technological and operational capabilities, we work with clients to identify where to focus their efforts, convert data and models into actionable insights, and develop institutional skills and structures to sustain impact.
What You'll Do
As Operations Analytics Consultant, you will support clients in translating data-driven insights into tangible changes in operational processes and successfully implementing these changes at the front line.
You will apply your methodological skills in operations research to devise innovative approaches for our clients in areas such as inventory management or logistics network design. In addition, you will build enduring capabilities to support continuous improvement in operations and cost-effective new product development. You will assist us in applying our wealth of transformation experience to inspire and sustain change at all levels of an organization.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top