Consultant – Oil & Gas, Petroleum Asset eXcellence (PAX) Downstream
- Undergraduate degree ideally in Process or Mechanical Engineering; Post-graduate qualifications in business advantageous
- 6+ years of strong industry based experience in the Downstream Oil & Gas business (refining and integrated petrochemicals) as well as in the marketing and distribution of products derived from crude oil and natural gas.
- Process engineering: you will have experience in process unit operations in refining and petrochemicals (e.g., distillation, thermal conversion, hydrocracking, catalytic cracking, aromatics, olefins, polymers, utilities, etc.); you will have expertise in optimizing plant operations, running process simulation models or designing and executing small projects
- Planning & Scheduling optimization: Optimization of planning & scheduling processes and procedures; familiarity with LP modeling in different environments such as PIMS, RPMS, etc. is nice to have, but not required
- Maintenance and reliability engineering: you will be familiar with maintenance scope definition and execution, maintenance processes, reliability centered maintenance, turnaround management, etc.; experience in maintenance tools (e.g. Meridium) and further concepts (e.g. Risk-based inspection) are beneficial
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required and one other European language skill is nice to have
- You are comfortable with extensive travel globally
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in either Amsterdam, Oslo, Vienna or Munich as part of Petroleum Asset Excellence (PAX), a new venture within our Oil & Gas practice.
PAX will increase Upstream and Downstream asset value and turnaround operational performance. Our technical expertise, combined with specialized skills such as Linear Programming, Process Engineering and Maintenance & Reliability Engineering, allows us to integrate with an existing asset team to maximize the intrinsic value of an asset.
What You'll Do
You will deliver significant impact by applying your industry experience to support clients directly, or by providing expertise and support to our client teams.
As a member of the PAX family, and a fully integrated part of the wider McKinsey, your specific contributions will vary depending on your skills and experience, but could include client engagement work, client development work, and knowledge building and sharing.
You will work as a team member for specific client (Oil & Gas) operations, transformation and improvement programs with direct contact to key members of client organization. You will need to provide analytical support to teams, through the development and application of our proprietary Oil & Gas models. You will also be working closely with client executives, traditional McKinsey client service teams ("CSTs"), and sector teams to develop recommendations based on the findings
You will participate in client development for both current and new clients (e.g., meetings/workshops on topics of interest) and write proposals for new client engagements
You will participate in or lead key internal knowledge-building initiatives and contribute to practice conferences and workshops.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top