Consultant Model Risk Management
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, ideally combined with an interest in a quantitative area (statistics, mathematics, financial engineering, etc)
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in the financial services sector, in Risk Reporting, Risk KPI Framework, Governance, Risk Control, standardization of Risk Processes, with a first exposure to Risk Modelling
- Experience as external consultant
- Be expert in creating powerful and impactful presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint; proficiency in Excel is also required
- Excellent analytical and synthesis sense
- General awareness of the full range of risks in financial services (both financial and non-financial)
- Sound judgement, influencing skills and intellectual curiosity
- Capable of multi-tasking, adapting to rapidly changing client contexts and managing time appropriately
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines while preserving the discipline required to deliver qualitative outputs
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; additional languages are relevant and welcome
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in the Brussels office as part of McKinsey's Risk Dynamics.
Risk Dynamics serves clients globally from their main office in Brussels and additional offices in London and Waltham (Boston area). Typical work on projects is carried out in-house with travel to client sites for meetings and presentations. This allows project teams to benefit directly from in-house knowledge and support when needed. Occasionally, and upon a client's request, work on projects is carried out at the client site (Europe, North America, Australia).
On February 1, 2016, Risk Dynamics was acquired by McKinsey & Company. This acquisition reflects our joint commitment to be a global leader in model risk management, model validation and model advisory support for the Financial Services sector. Risk Dynamics is a specialized consulting firm conducting in depth assessment of all risk-related measures used in the Financial Industry for banks, insurance firms, asset managers and infrastructure players. These assessments require rigorous understanding of underlying modeling techniques as well as of the business context in which those models are being used. We are therefore looking for candidates who can establish connections between sophisticated modeling techniques and strategic decision-making processes. We have a global client base and you will be exposed to a highly international environment.
What You'll Do
You will help clients validate and optimize their models across a variety of risk scenarios using our model validation and optimisation methodologies and guidelines.
You will analyze and produce logical and succinct governance structures, procedures, policies, frameworks related to risk and model management to identify potential opportunities for process transformation. You will translate process maps and governance structures, policies and procedures into impactful reports and presentations.
You will contribute to business development initiatives (roundtables, events, conferences, client meetings) and will facilitate workshops to ensure buy in for recommendations and for implementation of recommendations. You will be up to date on the regulatory context for financial institutions. You will contribute to the drafting of Requests for Information/Requests for Proposals and will write whitepapers and blogs in conjunction with Risk Dynamic's broader knowledge community.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top