Consultant Lisbon - Risk Management
- Strong academic qualifications, with an advanced degree in business or a quantitative discipline (statistics, mathematics, or physics)
- At least three years of work experience and profound knowledge within risk management in the banking sector (from a bank, advisory firm, or regulator), and/or a PhD
- Candidates with extensive work experience will enter the role at a more senior level
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong multitasking abilities as well as flexibility and patience for working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a professional and service-oriented attitude
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent written and verbal English skills as well as fluent in Portuguese and/or Spanish
Who You'll Work WithThe Global Risk Practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control. Our clients include top financial institutions and industrial corporations.
What You'll Do
As our Risk Practice continues its rapid expansion, we are seeking consultants in Risk Management to join us at our Madrid or Lisbon location. Practice Specialists in the Risk Management Practice are dedicated to working with client teams to solve client business-related problems of a (primarily) quantitative nature. Specialists support clients by conducting state-of-the-art quantitative analyses across the risk management spectrum in the banking sector; activities include tool building, implementation, and maintenance.
The Practice Specialist role encompasses three broad sets of responsibilities:
- Client support and development: works at a client location as part of a consulting team in order to conduct comprehensive quantitative analyses to be used as a basis for implementing risk-based decision frameworks and for making strategic decisions
- Knowledge development: advances McKinsey's overall knowledge base by providing rigorous analysis to and problem solving for our proprietary knowledge investments. At more senior levels, he/she also focuses on developing new analytical approaches and technique
- Knowledge transfer and practice development: operates as part of a firm-wide community and works with a global network of colleagues in order to codify existing knowledge and develop new knowledge
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top